The facts are, it is long overdue that we start caring about the building materials we use in New Zealand. As a green country that cares greatly about our whenua, we have an environmental responsibility when making decisions regarding our homes. With a shortage of building materials in the country, you can be forgiven for not having this front of mind when it comes to building a new home or adding a new deck – but a timely reminder is what is necessary to remind landowners of the importance of these choices.
As part of a global economy where deforestation is a real threat, the choices we make can have a great impact on our lives, our neighbours’ lives and beyond the New Zealand shores. For building and design companies, sometimes business comes first and they don’t have the time or energy to think of business from an environmental standpoint. Fortunately, there are local companies who make a commitment to the wellbeing of our forests and have been actively finding alternative and innovative products that haven’t just addressed sustainability issues but can move to improve products too.
What is Millboard Decking
If you are searching for a plastic-free alternative to timber decking, let us introduce you to Millboard. The world’s finest decking material. Here are some of the many benefits this material offers.
- It is hand-moulded from real timber but uses a unique resin-mineral core that does not rot or deteriorate over time. That means no plastic but it looks just like other high-quality decking.
- This makes it an environmentally friendly product with a low carbon footprint.
- It requires little to no maintenance. This includes being supplied pre-coloured and does not require any staining, oiling or colouring over its lifespan.
- It is safe, providing a slip-resistant surface, even when wet.
- Resistant to New Zealand’s elements. Fade-resistant, stain-resistant & splinter-free.
- Rigorously tested for UV and weathering stability to ensure suitability for New Zealand conditions.
- Low expansion & contraction rate.
As a customer, vote with your business and choose an environmentally responsible company today. You’ll enjoy every inch of your new deck, even more, knowing you have made a positive contribution to the world with a plastic-free and sustainable option that will last for years to come. Contact a decking company today for millboard decking.