A wardrobe is essential in modern homes. It gives an elegant look to your house. However, you might have to compromise with the longevity and quality as they require regular upkeep. But what if we told you that now you can have stylish-looking wardrobes with great storage capacity that is long-lasting? Well, sounds like a fantastic deal right? Thanks to plywood, now you can have long-lasting plywoods in addition to the dynamic decor and ample storage capacity.
Plywood has an edge over real wood since it is more durable, lightweight, cost-effective, low maintenance, and fire and water resistant. It exhibits the properties listed above since it is built from three or more layers of wood that are joined by adhesives. There are many perks of using plywood for cupboards. So let’s dive right into this post to know more about these benefits without any further ado!
Benefits of plywood for cabinet
- Cost-effective – It goes without saying that plywood is affordable given all the benefits it provides. They are tough and long-lasting. This relates to their durable character. Using a regular plywood can drain your account because they need frequent upkeep and are subject to termite attacks. In contrast, plywood of the highest quality offers lifespan and toughness.
- Fire resistant – As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. Hence, it is always preferable to use fire-retardant plywood to protect your homes. In the event of any danger, this guarantees the safety of you and your loved ones.
Modern manufacturing techniques are used to create plywood. They provide improved fire resistance as a result. Even so, they don’t provide total safety from fire risks. While the flames attempt to pass through the sturdy plywood cabinets, you can buy some time to call for help and save your family.
- Water-resistant – In addition to fire resistance, the plywoods also offer resistance to water. The extent of resistance to water depends upon the bondage/adhesive material used during the processing.
As a result, they shield your possessions from water damage. Additionally, this protects the cabinet, extending its lifespan and lowering its overall cost.
- Strength – Although plywood may seem to be more sturdy than real wood. In reality, plywood sheets are stronger than regular wood logs. Plywood sheets are made by bonding multiple sheets of wood using strong adhesives. Thus, they offer more strength. This makes them suitable to manufacture all kinds of furniture. Also, they are resistant to changes due to weather conditions.
- Durability – As already said, plywood offers comparatively better strength and is cost-effective to utilize over time. They can resist inclement weather. Because of their structure, they are stronger.
Each layer in plywood is switched out at a 90-degree angle so that the grains run in opposite directions. Because the other set of grains is running in the opposite way, it will resist and prevent the wood from breaking if one set of grains breaks under stress or overload, adding to the wood’s strength.
Solid wood, on the other hand, has grains that run in the same direction, which makes it relatively weaker.
- Free from the attack of termites – Choosing less expensive options initially may seem like a wise decision. But with time, these wood products can grow more vulnerable to termite attack.
The maintenance of these regular woods can cost you more. But thanks to plywood cabinets that are termite-free. You no longer have to be concerned about termite attacks. Multiple layers of wood are used to build plywood, making it harder for termites to get inside your cabinets.
- Versatility – Plywoods provide versatility. These can be used everywhere because they are moisture resistant. Nevertheless, one should not mix up moisture-resistant and water-resistant plywoods.
Formaldehyde is used in the processing of plywood that is moisture resistant so that it can survive moisture from damp environments. However, if they are not water resistant, they may be harmed by water.
Plywoods are always preferable to solid wood. They provide your wardrobes with a beautiful appearance while being durable, sturdy, and strong. These are some of the advantages of plywood over solid wood. Hopefully, this article has provided you with some insight into the benefits of plywood and helped you make a thoughtful choice.